©︎ Microwave Chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Trading name
- Microwave Chemical Co., Ltd (in Japanese: Maikuroha Kagaku Kabushiki Kaisha)
- 15 August 2007
- YOSHINO Iwao
- Number of employees
- 59 (including 13 with PhDs, as of 1 December 2022)
- Business activities
- Research & development and engineering of microwave chemical process Licensing of microwave chemical process
President and CEO
Director and CSO
Director and Administrative Division Head
IP Strategists/Consultant Patent Attorneys
Uchida & Samejima Law Firm
IRD Patent Office
Corporate Legal/General Counsel
Eiko Sogo, Law Office
- Microwave Environmental Chemicals Co., Ltd established in Kyoto, Japan, to commercialize microwave chemical processes.
- Head office relocated to Saito Bio Innovation Centre.
- First fully flow-type reactor (MWF-1 – for biodiesel) launched from the Shimaya business incubator in Osaka.
- UTEC (University of Tokyo Edge Capital) subscribed to Series A private placement, for a total of JPY 120 million.
- Second fully flow-type reactor (MWF-2 – for manufacturing chemical products) launched from the Kobe Municipal Manufacturing Reconstruction Plant.
- Came third out of 24 companies selected internationally for bizbarcelona’s Global Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Company name changed from Microwave Environmental Chemicals Co., Ltd to Microwave Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Granted dominant patent for “Chemical reaction apparatus and chemical reaction method”.
- Fatty acid esters, the first product from the Kobe Plant, shipped to Toyo Ink Co., Ltd.
- Head office relocated to the Techno Alliance building on Osaka University’s Suita Campus.
- UTEC, NVCC, Shinsei Bank and JAFCO subscribed to Series B private placement, for a total of over JPY 700 million, aimed at accelerating R&D and establishing the Osaka Plant.
- Construction of Osaka Plant (M3K/) completed.
- INCJ, JAFCO, UTEC and NVCC subscribed to Series C private placement, for a total of JPY 1.2 billion, aimed at launching new businesses and strengthening next generation pipeline R&D. Relocated to 3F of the Techno Alliance building.
- Concluded co-development agreement with BASF to improve energy efficiency in polymer production processes.
- Established TMT Co., Ltd, a joint venture with Taiyo Kagaku Co., Ltd to produce food additives.
- Series D private placement, for a total of JPY 880 million, aimed at funding the construction of a new plant as a joint venture with Taiyo Kagaku, and as development funds for further expansion of MWCC’s areas of business.
- TMT completed construction of microwave-based food additive manufacturing plant in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture.
Series E private placement of a total of JPY 400 million, aimed at further expanding the joint venture plant business and strengthening the development structure.
- Concluded strategic capital alliance with Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. for joint R&D of new microwave-based chemical processes and systems.
- Concluded strategic business alliance with Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co., Ltd to promote the sophistication of microwave-assisted production processes and the development of new functional materials.
Concluded strategic business alliance with Futamura Chemical Co., Ltd to reinvent existing production processes and develop new materials using microwaves.
- Concluded strategic capital and business alliance with Iwatani Corporation for full-scale entry into the next-generation materials sector.
- Construction of second pilot facility at Osaka Plant completed.
- Series G private placement of a total of JPY 770 million, aimed at strengthening our R&D fundamentals through recruitment, infrastructure development and the like.
- Construction of new office building at Osaka Plant completed.
- Head office relocated to the Photonics Center on Osaka University’s Suita Campus.
- Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Growth Market